Sunday, May 30, 2010

Spring has arrived...with a snow storm

This week the weather was great, except for the day when it snowed. Yes. I realize that it is almost June and therefore spring should be giving way to summer, but winter poked its head in for one more visit. I pulled out my winter coat and drove to school. I have to say it was fun to see the snow again, even if it was very unexpected. I don't know if everyone was a fan of it, but hey there you go. I was reminded of a story I heard about President Boyd K. Packer in my Teaching of the Living Prophets class. He was one day preparing to go outside and paint his house when it started raining. He declared his independence from the weather and painted anyways. Kind of a cool story about not letting the weather determine your mood. Anyways, I got to teach the English Sunday School today. There two other people there besides myself. (everyone else was in their respective language class). The main topics we spoke about were the power and influence of righteous parents and righteous friends. We spent so much time on those two things that we did not get to the stories of Gideon and Samson with their lessons about having faith in God and making and keeping covenants with God. It went very well. In the combined meeting we had after Sunday School I had a very strong feeling of gratitude for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I dont mean to be all preachy with anything that I say, I am just very grateful to know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ and that we have scriptures on the earth to help us in our every day lives. I was excited to hear about Scott's homecoming. I found the pictures of the cousins on facebook. He looks good and from what he talked about, the letters I read, and all of the other things that I have heard about him, he was a very successful missionary. That story that mom told me about him meeting another missionary on her way to California from the Netherlands was, well a great example of how small the world is. Wow! I love you all. Wish me luck this week, I have another Chemistry test. I am determined to do better on this one. I am excited for Hillary. If your call gets there before Thursday, feel free to call me up and we will all listen in as you read it. We could even do the skype thing so we can see it. I love my family and am so grateful for my life. It is not always easy, but it is worth it and most definitely wonderful.

1 comment: