Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another week gone by!

Well, we only have about 1 and 1/2 weeks until it is time for finals. Boy, these spring and summer terms really go by fast. I experienced some discouragement this week, but also a lot of joy. I was especially grateful to have gone Home Teaching this week. That just means Richard, (my Home Teaching companion) and I were able to go and visit Megan, Liz, and Camilla of the Spanish house and speak with them about how they are doing. We shared a brief message about "letting your light shine" and not hiding our talents. It was really a great meeting. Those girls are really great and I am glad we were able to talk about the importance of being grateful for you are; of being grateful for the talents the Lord has blessed us with. What a blessing they are. We are all different in how we think, act, believe, etc, and the Lord has blessed us with so many different talents. It is up to us to use those talents in a manner pleasing unto Him. We just have to do the best we can. I just have to be the best Russell I can be. I do not have to be the best Jo Schmo. That holds true for us all. The importance of the temple was also addressed today and it became apparent to me that I need to keep seeking opportunities to go the the temple; to go there to be guided by the Lord and to be a blessing to people who did not have the chance to accept the gospel while on this earth. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for His son Jesus Christ. Again, I am not trying to sound preachy, these are just things, that I really feel very blessed to have in my life. Anyways, a few more highlights from this week involve missionaries, both returned and newly called ones. Hillary received a mission call to the Lisbon, Portugal Mission which is very exciting news. I am happy for her and know she will go amazing things there. The other involves a recently returned missionary. Cherie Gulliver has returned home honorably from the Belgium Netherlands Mission (the name changed while she served there). I spoke with her for about an hour on Thursday and it appears to me that she had a very successful mission. It was good to talk to an old friend. Alright, I think that about does it for me tonight. I love you all, especially my family. They are just great. I am very grateful for their love and support. Remember to keep looking for the good in the world. As you do so, it is easy to see how wonderful things really are in life. Hard? Yes, but absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment