Sunday, May 16, 2010

Adversity

That was the theme of our sacrament meeting this morning at church. What an appropriate theme. I have more tests coming up this week as well as lots of work and responsibilities for all of the above. I worked a lot this week, with the busiest day being Thursday where I was working from about 11:30am until almost 10:00pm. It was really interesting how not tired I was throughout that period of time. Of course about midnight I started getting loopy and really realize that I was pretty tired. Anyways, from what was said today, I just was very grateful for Jesus Christ. My roommate Zach said something pretty interesting last week, "I know that the Atonement can help you through [anything]." And boy that is true. We just have to be willing to let God help us and He will willingly do so. I am grateful for experiences that are hard. That is not always true in the moment and it is often hard for me to realize in what ways a certain trial has helped me, but I know that Heavenly Father is there for us. I guess that is the important thing to remember. I am also very grateful for my family. In times of hardship it is really great to know that we can have loved ones to whom we can go for love, support, and someone who will listen. I love my family! On Saturday evening, I went to the Provo Temple and was baptized on behalf of 19 of Uncle Ron's relatives. It was great! (For more information on LDS Temples and the service done there, visit www.mormon.org) I also did some Chemistry homework and last night I did not sleep well because I was having nightmares about Chemistry. Maybe something is seeping in or I am just really not getting it. Anyways. I love you all! "I believe in Christ, so come what may." With that in mind, you can always remember that it truly is a wonderful life! And if its not, well, it will be, just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment