Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Week More!

Just one more week before the summer 2010 term comes to a close. I have two finals, one in Accounting and the other in Chemistry 105. I had my last regular test on Thursday and I got an 80% on the Multiple Choice part and felt good about the written part. A highlight this week was the training meeting we had on Tuesday afternoon. We spoke about the Christlike Attributes from Preach My Gospel as well as how they related to Personal Revelation. At the meeting I met a few of the Portuguese teachers that will probably be teaching there when Hillary enters. So, that was pretty exciting. I was able to speak with one of those teachers about Hope. There were a lot of insights that I received concerning this eternal principle. First of all, it was brought to my attention that this attribute is the one that is attacked the most by Satan. He would have us believe that hope is simply wishful thinking, but that is simply not true. Brynn, the other teacher I spoke with, brought up the idea that Hope is the other side of faith. We have faith and belief that we should do something. We have faith and belief that Christ atoned for us and that He is powerful enough to save us from all things. Hope comes in when we recognize that we will be blessed by Heavenly Father. He will grant us eternal life if we "do all that we can" (2 Nephi 25:23). Too often, for me at least, I find myself trying to do that best that I can and yet I do not fully believe that that will be good enough. I find myself doubting or not truly believing that the Lord will fulfill His promises. But that is where Hope comes in to play. He will fulfill all He has promised to do. That must be our belief. He will fulfill His promises. We really can obtain the Celestial Kingdom, if we do our best; if we do all we can do. Anyways, I think that is enough for this week. I love you all. Life is so wonderful. I hope that you all remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment