Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August!!!

Tomorrow Hillary will turn 21. Isn't that crazy? That is the right age for her to be going on a mission, thought. Well, this week has definitely been full of ups and downs. I guess that is how life is a lot of times. The trick is to remember the ups and let them carry you through the downs. So I took two tests this week, one in Accounting and the other in Chemistry. Needless to say, they did not go well. I guess I will need to hit the books a little harder in preparation for the next tests. We did have a super awesome training this week at work. It was all about the new Mormon.org website and I would encourage everyone to go and visit this site. It really is amazing! http://mormon.org/ There is the address, so you can just cut and paste. There are so many people on there. The face of the church is changing. No longer will the missionaries be the only people remembered by everyone. Instead they will be able to see friends, neighbors, "regular everyday average joes" if you will, who are living their religion and seeking to be good people. It really is amazing what the Gospel of Jesus Christ does for people. It makes them better. Well, I should change that and say that it helps people to have the desire to be better. What a great blessing that is. I bore testimony today in church about how happy I am. I know that there are hard times in life. Life is not easy, in fact it is downright hard at times, but I am happy. I have friends. I have a great family. I am healthy and I have the opportunity to study at a first class university. In the words of Louis Armstrong, "And I think to myself, What a wonderful world." It truly is. I am grateful to be alive and I am grateful to have a knowledge of my Heavenly Father. I love you all. My invitation for you tonight would be to remember all the ways that Heavenly Father has blessed you. Can't think of any, try a little harder and think of the little things, because every day truly is a gift from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment