Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Other One Year Anniversary!

Well, exactly one year ago, I was in the hospital after attempting to walk from Provo to Salt Lake City, Utah. Needless to say, I have not made the attempt again. But I have learned a lot since then. I have not been as good about exercising, but I have set a goal to lose 5 lbs before the end of the semester, so I am going to start exercising again. This week has been a really good one I would say. I got a 92% on a Chemistry Test which is a huge improvement from last time. Then this weekend I was able to go to Price, Utah for the first time and see where Grandma Stevens was born and married. Not only that, but I got to see lots of cousins and second cousins who I had either not seen in a really long time or had never met in my life. It was really kind of amazing to think that we are all related. I think I was really feeling the spirit of Elijah and was just grateful for the great family that I am a part of. I had to leave on Saturday to come meet with the Missionaries in the MTC and boy, they really are a great group. It is awesome. Today at Church we had a few great speakers, but then I took off for Salt Lake where I was able to see President and Sister Thompson for the first time since last August. They are back from their 3 year Mission to the Hamburg, Germany Mission. Wow. It was really awesome to see them again. They are just such great people. It was also a great blessing to see so many of the other missionaries there. So many are home now. It was like a huge mission reunion or Zone Conference. It was just a lot of fun. We had a little BBQ afterwards with other missionaries and then I headed back home and think it is time to hit the sack. So, I will conclude this entry simply by saying that I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. What a marvelous blessing that is. How wonderful it is to be associated with so many wonderful people. I love you all and wish you all a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Russell,
    How well I remember last year on this day. I am glad we have moved forward from a very terrifying 24 hours for dad and I. I got on the plane early the next morning and was by your bedside when you woke up--wheww. Glad to hear you are moving forward as well. I am glad that school is a challenge but it sounds like you are certainly up to it and you have the capacity to succeed.
    Don't leave out FUN in your life right now--there is much to see and do that add to your education. I think we can all learn from Jacob--he is enjoying what he is doing and doing what he enjoys--It is amazing all three of you are there in Provo--at least for three more weeks--probably the only time in your life. Enjoy! Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete